6.25.2006

Dilemma...

Everyday when I go to work, I park in the same spot. There are three spots that are closest to the door and I take the one furthest on the right. This is ideal because I have the least distance to the door and it is shaded by a nearby tree so my car doesn't hit 85,621 degrees in the summer heat. Also, if I am closing and the last person to leave late at night, there is less distance that I would need to run if a potential rapist tried to attack me.

Here's the problem: Because of the tree, every day when I leave work, my car looks like a flock of seagulls has been circling my car, trying to recover from drinking some bad Mexican water. (Montezuma's revenge = No fun!) The bird poop is splattered on the roof, hood, windshield, doors, trunk... basically anywhere that is exposed to sunlight.

So, what do I do? I mean, that is my parking spot. You know what I mean? And it is the only spot in the shade and there is nothing I hate more than working all day in the hot, humid weather and then having to go climb into a car that is even more hot and humid.

Hell with those freakin' birds. (Whateva, whateva...) I'll park where I want!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Solution: Get a gun. Shoot the birds.

You're welcome.

Blogarita said...

Consider yourself lucky. I left the windows open when I made a quick stop the other day and a bird pooped in my car.

Violet said...

Dave.... uhh, I mean... "Potential Rapist": I prefer non-violence. Plus, I don't want bird guts all over my car along with the poop.

Blogarita: Gross! I'll count my blessings!

Jess said...

No you don't shoot the birds. You try to reason with them, offer them a bribe perhaps. Now what could you offer them?? Hmm...

You do know of course that they do this intentionally. They spot the car closest to the door and do this even if there's NO tree in sight. It's like they have nothing better to do ya know?