6.18.2006

Where the Hell is the Rain?

Yesterday was one of the loooooongest days in my life.

I got up at 7 a.m. to go in to work at the pool. My throat was pretty sore (swollen glands, the whole deal) but I felt hopeful because the sky was cloud covered and gray when I left for work. The forecast said 80% chance of thunderstorms... which would mean that we would get to close the pool early.


I got to work and got out the vacuum and about twenty minutes into cleaning the pool, the clouds disappear and the sun begins fiercely shining. I shook my head and continued vacuuming.

As the day went on, my throat got worse, developing into congestion, followed by a headache, which was so bad, it was making me feel sick to my stomach. FYI - Running around in the heat and humidity is NO FUN when you feel like ass.

But, about every two hours or so, the clouds would roll in and the wind would pick up and tease me and the lifeguards into thinking that we would soon be clearing the pool for thunder. No such luck. I sat at the concession stand tables with my walkie-talkie and whistle on thunder patrol, only to watch the clouds disappate with no actual storm.


Fourteen hours later, I had no voice, but consoled myself that my twelve hour day today won't be so bad, because it is supposed to rain all day. I'm up now and the woke up to the freakin' sun shining in my eyes.

I guess I don't mind so much if it is sunny today, but if Mother Nature keeps teasing me like she did yesterday, I'm going to have to ask Dave
to have words with her... Seriously.

Peace, love, and thunderstorms!

4 comments:

Blogarita said...

We didn't get our rain, either.

Hope you're feeling better.

Paula said...

Hey, sorry for giving your hopes up on Sat. night....the weather man said it was supposed to rain all day on Sunday....Damn MEN!

Hope you are feeling a little better!

Paula said...

Hey, sorry for giving your hopes up on Sat. night....the weather man said it was supposed to rain all day on Sunday....Damn MEN!

Hope you are feeling a little better!

Violet said...

Blogarita: Yeah, it didn't rain yesterday, either. I didn't even try to get my hopes up... I am feeling better, though...

Paula: Remember that movie "The Weatherman" with Nicholas Cage? I'm about ready to start throwing milkshakes out the window at Dave Murray.