4.18.2007

Quick Observation

Life has been very busy lately... I haven't had any time to even think about blogging, but I will give you this little gem that I realized the other day at the doctor's office...

I was nervous about getting a mammogram done. I mean, I just turned 27 years old! I had heard that it was a painful procedure, but overall, I didn't think it hurt very much at all. The technician even warned me that it would probably be more painful than most because I'm younger than most of the women who have the procedure done.

Here's the realization I came to: You know how when somebody pinches the large, thick part of your arm, it doesn't usually hurt too much? But, if they take just a tiny piece of skin and squeeze it between their fingers, it hurts like a bitch?

Yep... That's right. I was saved from the pain of the mammogram by my (slightly-larger-than-the-average-woman's and REAL) boobs.

I knew you wanted to know that.

*By the way, the mammogram and the ultra-sound of the axillary area were fine. There is some dense tissue that they want me to go to have looked at again in 6 months, but they are assuming it is benign at this point in time. They'll see if there are any changes later.

10 comments:

rosemary said...

Yep, it can really hurt...a lot of that depends on the technician. My real ones do OK, it is the arm pit area...it bruises. Good new about the ultra sound. Glad the girls survived the masher!

Bluepaintred said...

glad to see you kept the appointments!

i was told by my granny to avoid caffien before a mam and the pain is a lot less, I have had a mam done (as well as the ultrasounds and expected biopsy's done since I was 25, twice a year, I have stupid boobs too!)

Jen said...

glad all is well....but thanks for the news that when I finally get the nerve up to get my mammogram it is going to hurt like a bitch since I am practically boobless now the boys have sucked it all out of me.......

now that's a pleasant though......blech!

Nichole said...

YaY glad everything is A OK!!!!

On another note, yer sayin that us poor souls that are members of the itty bitty titty committee are in for a lot of pain? Arrrgh!!!! Women with small breasts shouldnt have to succumb to such pain! LoL we already have to endure it on an everyday basis! *ahem* MeN!

Blogarita said...

I've never thought mammograms were that painful, and I'm definitely NOT "slightly-larger-than-the-average-woman". I guess it just varies from woman to woman.

Glad everything turned out fine!

Fantastagirl said...

I think it varies with the tech. I've had more than one, and am "Larger-than-the-average-woman". 1st time not so bad, 2nd time hurt like mad.

Glad all is okay!

Don't be busy in 6 months, make sure you go in for a re-check...okay?

Nobody said...

They won't give me one and I'm 6 years older than you?! I think they said 36?! Squeeze my boobs, I don't care?1 I would rather know that they are healthy!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't reach you before the Big Press! I am glad results were good, and wish you continued success. They are much faster now than they used to be -- I've only had 3, but I can tell the difference. But you do feel a little out of breath and jittery when it's done. I take the whole day off. Stay Well!
~~"CB"

mrstrace said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I went to the dentist the other day and the dental assistant who was torturing me with the pokey things actually mentioned that it wasn't as bad as a mamogram and that I had all kinds of fun things to look forward to as an adult woman now. Yay.

Anonymous said...

Just as an aside, I would gladly take a gynecological exam or a trip to the dentist over going for a mammo. The last time I went for one, I literally saw stars, and probably would have fainted and ended up on the floor, had it not been for the fact my tittie was in the machine's death grip.