6.18.2007

Please Leave a Message After the Tone...

Wednesday is the departure day for our trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

One full week of our toes in the sand and cocktails in our hands.
One full week of friends. (I'm sure I'll know more about them than I ever wanted to by the time we return home.)
One full week of no cell phone, no working, no laundry.

Life is beautiful.

**********

Last night, Dave, Dr. Mike, Paula and I figured that there probably wouldn't be any good Chinese down in Mexico, so we opted for take out for dinner. Dave performed his ritual of assigning the fortune cookies, using his mystical powers.

The cookie that he gave to me HAD DOUBLE FORTUNES!! Two little pieces of paper were stuck to each other inside the same fortune cookie - I'd never seen that before!

Here they are:


I don't think I've ever had a fortune that was as accurate as those!

**********
Sorry if I don't blog while I'm gone, but I'll fill you in on all the details once we get back. (Although Dave is insisting on bringing his laptop, so there may be a posting here or there to keep you updated on our progress.)

Here are the lyrics to Kenny Chesney's "Beer in Mexico" - - the anthem for our trip. This song has been going through my head consistently for the last three weeks.

Starin' out into the wild blue yonder
So many thoughts to sit and ponder
'Bout life and love and lack of
And this emptiness in my heart

Too old to be wild and free still
Too young to be over the hill
Should I try to grow up
But who knows where to start

So I just ...
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Do my best to waste another day
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Let the warm air melt these blues away

Sun comes up and sun sinks down
And I seen 'em both in this tourist town
Up for days in a rage
Just tryin' to search my soul

From the answers and the reasons why
I'm at these crossroads in my life
And I really don't know
Which way to go

So I just ...
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Do my best to waste another day
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Let the warm air melt these blues away

Maybe I'll settle down, get married
Or stay single and stay free
Which road I travel
Is still a mystery to me

So I'll just ...
Sit right here, have another beer in Mexico
Do my best to waste another day
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Let the warm air melt these blues away

Down in Mexico ...

14 comments:

Dave Morris said...

It's quite an honor to travel with you... I've waited for the chance for a long time!

Here's to no stress, no empty glasses and lots of kissy face. Love you.

Blogarita said...

Those fortune cookies were eerily accurate. Are you sure you didn't Photoshop them?

Hope all of you have a great time!

Seals said...

Hope you have a nice trip.

Violet said...

BLOGARITA: Nope, I swear! No photoshopping enhancements! I've never had an accurate fortune cookie until last night, and it had TWO accurate messages! Pretty crazy...

Anonymous said...

Uncanny!`

Jill said...

Awww y'all are going to have such a good time! *jealous much*

[Dave's "kissy face" comment is so cute -- really makes me miss my J -- I hate you guys... ;p ]

Diana said...

Mexico here we come! Love the fortunes you got...so true. We're gonna have a great time!! :o)

Tug said...

Those fortunes are too cool!! HAVE.A.BLAST. (yeah, like I have to say that) ;-)

Kenny Chesney...nummers.

rosemary said...

Have fun...I'm gonna have a beer in Idaho in honor of your vacation!

Fantastagirl said...

Have a great vacation - and have a beer, or margarita, or two, three for me!

Undercover Mother said...

Wow. Sounds like heaven.

Nobody said...

I love PDC. It is my fav destination with the hubby and kids.

Enjoy.

Fuck, I'm jealous. Gorgeous beaches and pool bingo and cheesball guacamole making lessons and cocktails. ~sigh~

So where are you guys staying???

V said...

Felicitaciones en su vacaciones!

That double-good fortune rocked!

... said...

Mexico rocks...and double fortunes can't be anything but good. Have a great holiday...you aren't caravaning down in that gas guzzling Hummer again, are you???? Hahaha...