9.18.2007

Football Fun

The weekend began with a road trip along with the fam to Columbia, Missouri to watch the Mizzou Tigers take on Western Michigan. My little bro is a frosh up there. Notice his first college injury...

That Guitar Hero game is a bitch.

Here's a pic of me, doing what I do. Don't mind the tiger ears...

This was the first time that I'd been to a Mizzou football game and the energy made it a really exciting experience. The weather was absolutely beautiful and it was so cool to see practically an entire city converge to support their team. The stadium, of course, was packed.

We drove back Sunday night, crashed for not-quite-a-full-night's sleep, and woke up at the crack of dawn to meet and tailgate with friends for the St. Louis Rams' game.

Nothin' like chili at 8:30 in the mornin' to get you goin'... Well, that and some Bud Light.

Diana, chillin' by the tunes on the tailgate.

Don't ask what is happening here.

Or here, for that matter.

Our seats were definitely in the nosebleed section, but there really isn't a bad seat in the dome. We were able to see all the action! The game was a nailbiter 'til the very end.

Not that everyone in our group would know that it was a nailbiter, though... Some (unnamed) members of the group left the game at the beginning of the fourth quarter because the stadium stops selling beer at that time. They ditched out and went back to the cars to drink... I have to admit, I was disappointed...

But, maybe I just take my football a bit too seriously. :o)

Once we made it back home, Dave and I hung out with Paula at the house for a while until Miss Ella arrived home. Paula decided to take a little nap in Ella's playhouse... Maybe that had a bit to do with the leaving the football game early, if you know what I mean. Love you, Paula!!

6 comments:

... said...

I like to stay to the very end unless it is a complete blowout...the availability fo beer would not decide my attendance.

Paula said...

I'm so embarressed about that. I feel like such an idiot!! I did have fun though....thanks for being great friends and babysitting me!!

Chris Johnson said...

I did not leave at the beginning of the 4th quarter. There was only 3:23 left in the game when I left. Anyway I watched most of the game out by the concessions on the tvs, so I could see what was going on. It was not what I expected.

V said...

Guitar hero blisters are honorable blisters.

Amandarama said...

I suck so much at Guitar Hero I don't even get to have blisters.

Yep.

Great pictures though!

Amanda said...

I went to mizzou and I've never been to a game