9.27.2006

Laundry

The laundry piles up, higher and higher,
I sigh and look at the washer and dryer.

I throw it all in: pants, sweaters, and socks,
Some colors, some whites, my skirts and my frocks.

One cupful of detergent; then one dryer sheet,
The clothes come out clean and warm from the heat.

I take each piece out and fold it with care,
Put them in the basket, all ready to wear.

I tell myself, "I'll put them away soon,"
Then my cats find the perfect place to spend the afternoon...



Why do I even bother?

Meet my kitties, Jasmine and Ariel. Oh, and by the way... I don't actually own any frocks, but it rhymed with socks, so freakin' lay off, okay?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Creative ... I love it!!

Chris Johnson said...

They are so cute! Zues does the same thing!

Anonymous said...

At least your cats have a little pride and self-esteem. One of ours loves to sleep in among the dirty laundry. Stupid cat.

Dave Morris said...

They are just sitting there waiting for the mother ship to arrive. Disgusting... cats suck.

Paula said...

Doesn't that drive you nuts? Sigma does that all the time...usually its something that I want to wear the next day and its covered in cat hair!

Anonymous said...

Cats suck. My dog likes to sleep on my dirty clothes.

Diana said...

Very Cute!

LBseahag said...

awww...jasmine is a torbie, right? they are adorable...finally someone else who feels cats are the best thing in the world to blog about!

Me! said...

Priceless! Thank goodness my dog likes my dirty clothes. She likes being near my scent when I'm away. :-)

V said...

I wish I had cats to blame it on. My laundry is piled up just about to the sun by now. My dogs don't help -- they drag off all the stinky bits like underwear and socks.