9.29.2006

Scarcity and Surplus

A couple of times a week, I stop at Starbucks on my way to work and spend $2.84 on a "Tall No-fat, No-Water Chai Tea Latte." I don't drink coffee, but I hate to be the only person in America not being ripped off by the man.

Over the past month or so, I have on several occasions requested a blueberry muffin, only to be told that they are out.

"Would you like to try a blueberry scone or a pumpkin muffin?"

I always politely decline and leave with only my chai.

Yesterday, when I was told that they had no blueberry muffins, I asked if there were only certain days of the week that they had blueberry muffins or if there had been a shortage of blueberries this past year and the Starbucks were only allowed a certain ration per week.

"Oh, no..." came the answer. "We get blueberry muffins every morning. But, we open at 5 a.m. We sell out of them very quickly."

Now, mind you, I am at Starbucks no later than 8:15 every morning.

Here's my suggestion to Starbucks... and I may be waaaaay out in left field here, but just go with me... Maybe they should order more blueberry muffins! I know, I know. It's crazy. But, I'm thinking that if they are running out of blueberry muffins by 8:15 in the morning, ordering another dozen or so probably wouldn't be a crazy move.

But that's just me.

*********************

On another note...

How many different types of Cheez-its does the world really need?

I mean, seriously.



I was at the store the other day and it took me longer to find a box of regular, old, plain Cheez-its than it took to make those strawberry preserves on Sunday (see below).

There are:
SpongeBob SquarePants Cheez-its
Big Cheez-its
Cheddar Jack Cheez-its
Cheesy Sour Cream & Onion Cheez-its
Hot & Spicy Cheez-its
Original Cheez-its
Parmesan & Garlic Cheez-its
Reduced Fat Cheez-its
White Cheddar Cheez-its
Party Mix Cheez-its
Fiesta Cheddar Nacho Cheez-its
Fiesta Cheesy Taco Cheez-its

And I can't get a freakin' blueberry muffin for breakfast...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the world needs ALL the different kinds of Cheezits.

I know I do.

MIA said...

Isn't it it great you found out about the NO WATER part. YOur already paying more than a gallon of gas then they want to water it down.
I told my friend this and he couldn't believe it. Maybe the Barista can put a muffin aside for you. They'll do anything in the name of customer service.

Chris Johnson said...

I understand the feeling about Starbucks........I go on Fridays to get a venti carmel macchiato, which cost almost $4.00, now here the problem...they open at 5am, I get there around 9:00 and they can't break a twenty dollar bill!!! Are you kidding me!!! I get very upset when I have to leave with no coffee!!


Also if you ask Lily there are never enough cheezits!!!

Diana said...

If you can make strawberry preserves, shouldn't you be able to make your own blueberry muffins??? Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

Cheezits I can do without, but No blueberry muffins? That is uncalled for!!

Undercover Mother said...

There are more Starbucks on every corner than there are blueberry muffins at Starbucks. In my small town they had one at the Fred Meyer's and have just completed one kitty-corner to it!

LBseahag said...

sucks about the muffins...I feel that way about the 12-grain muffins they only carry in certain locations in the Pacific NW. I jonz hard for them, we don't get them in LA...
And I am damn sick of explaining to the barista what a Blackeye is....its a damn coffee with two shots in it...the names should be global...

funny that you mention it, today at the airport some lady tied up the line complaining becaause they wouldn't let her bring an opened box of cheez-its on the plane...

V said...

LOL! That is injustice! Blueberry muffins are much more important (and nutritional) than parmesan and garlic cheez-its. Damn. Where's the balance of carb products in the world?