9.22.2006

On shrimp and nail clippings...

Going to a happy hour tonight at the home of a co-worker and everybody was asked to bring an appetizer and a bottle of wine or six-pack of specialty beer to share. I decided to make the dip for crackers that has a layer of cream cheese, a layer of cocktail sauce, and a layer of baby shrimps. **

So, I bought the frozen baby shrimps at the grocery store and brought them home to prepare the dish.



Notice the ingredient list at the bottom.

It reads - INGREDIENTS: Shrimp, water, salt. Contains shrimp.

So, for all of you idiots out there who are allergic to seafood, be warned. This product "contains shrimp."

Although, I have to say that I think the kind of falls into the category of Darwin's theory of evolution and survival of the fittest. If you aren't bright enough to figure out that this product contains shrimp, maybe you should be removed from the gene pool.

*****************

On another note... In response to Dave's
recent post about inventions, he mentioned nail clippers that catch the nail instead of turning them into dangerous projectiles that shoot across the bathroom.

However, this has already been invented. I am actually the proud owner of one of these nifty contraptions.

Step One: Simple nail clipper. Notice the enclosed black casing. Clipped nails fall into the casing.


Step Two: Empty the casing. The nail clippers pull out of the casing just far enough to allow you to dump the scraps into the proper receptacle.



I highly recommend everyone getting one if you do not already have one.

*****************

Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend! Sleep in if at all possible. I promise, I will be!

**I am aware that the correct plural form of "shrimp" is "shrimp." I just like saying "baby shrimps." It sounds funny to me.

7 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

So... what you are saying is - there might be some shrimp in that package?

Wonder if there is any nuts in my peanut butter?

Anonymous said...

I call them shrimpies. I loves me some shrimpies.

Undercover Mother said...

If I got that nail clipper for Slave Hubby, it would take one his Great Pleasures out of life...leaving disgusting piles of clipped toenails on the living room table.

V said...

I was gonna say maybe they have to say "contains shrimps" as an allergy warning, but if you have an allergy to shrimps, wtf are you doing buying a big ol' whoppin package of shrimps anyway? :)

I'm glad you are defending your right to use creatively modified words. I like to do that too.

Steven said...

Baby shrimps...hehehehe....

I kinda like it as well....

Which is lame...

Don't tell anyone, okay? ;)

Steve~

Nichole said...

Hey! I have those. I had no idea thats what the teal green cover was for though =o) Yes, Im a blonde.

LBseahag said...

your blog rules..