11.15.2006

SPAMalot in Camelot!

"You must find a shrubbery!!!"

"I fahrt in your zhenerail die-rectshon!"

"'Tis only a flesh wound!"

"Perhaps it was an African swallow..."

"I'm not dead yet!"


Okay, I think I've gotten that out of my system. I saw Monty Python's SPAMalot over the weekend and it was everything I expected it to be. It had all the fabulous (quirky) quotes from the original MP & The Holy Grail plus some pretty funny additional scenes. I highly recommend it to any Monty Python fan.

Outside the theater, there was a bonus:










That's right... THE SPAMMOBILE!

They were actually handing out free samples of SPAM!

While we're on the topic of SPAM (which we are) here is a labeled diagram of a can of SPAM.


And, a list of the best uses for SPAM (other than eating it, of course):
  • Makes a good decoy for those annoying dogs that follow you around whenever you escape.
  • The oil from just one can can generate enough electricity to liposuck the fat from the asscheek of a Californian.
  • 10,000 sundried Spam blocks + a little drywall mud = a new brick veneer finish for the old double wide.
  • Stuff into underwear for instant Bridget Jones costume.
  • The high oil content makes it an excellent suntanning product that doubles as a tasty beach treat.
  • Handy sink stopper.
  • Can be carved into very attractive lawn sculptures.
  • Set two or three slices side by side: instant mouse pad!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like Spam.

Dave Morris said...

I do! I like green eggs and spam. But only in a box with a fox. Or in a house with a mouse.

Actually, we used to dine on fried spam sandwiches when I was little. Not TOO bad.

Also, if you butterfly the loaf, put maraschino cherries and peanut butter in the cracks, sprinkle on a little brown sugar and bake it at 350 for 30 minutes, it's pretty delicious. If you're, you know, a homeless guy or something.

Word ver: oaueoe ... which is often the noise people make after eating spam.

Mr. Fabulous said...

I love Spam.

And I am pissed off about my Bloglines. It hasn't been showing your blog as having been updated in while. Something is funky with it...

Fantastagirl said...

My Grandpa worked at Austin MN Hormel plant as a young man. Because of this - Spam and hot dogs are not allowed in his house - so growing up - we never ever had to eat Spam. (I actually feel quite lucky about that!)

Kim Leslie said...

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam and spam. And a note to anonymous...clearly, you have never had a Spam omelet.

Blogarita said...

Just testing to see if I still show up as anonymous.

I still don't like Spam. I prefer Armor Treet.

Memphis Steve said...

I haven't seen Spamalot, but now that you've mentioned it I have to go!

Polyman3 said...

Love Monty Python,
have to see that show.

"Nod, nod, wink, wink,
know what I mean...
Got any pictures?"

LBseahag said...

thank you for solving the age ol question, "what's for lunch?"

Nichole said...

Im soo going to see it Sunday night. I Can't wait!

Ari said...

Ahh, Spam. Something my Mama liked. But I don't. This post cracked me the hell up.